Gigantea treatment

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I recognize your SN from RC. I know you had some cool gigs in the past if memory serves me right.

Unfortunately I lost them all. Blue gig is face down for the second day in a row after detaching from its rock, and is starting to slime/slug out.

Hopefully they come through again down the line. If I try again, it’ll be a lone gig and I’ll go cipro with API EM as I felt I saw some good response but at that point maybe it was already to late.
 
So sorry to hear — such a heroic effort. Hope you can acquire & treat a healthy specimen soon. I know the feel - very demoralizing given so much time & effort trying to recover those already stressed unicorns.
 
I recognize your SN from RC. I know you had some cool gigs in the past if memory serves me right.

Unfortunately I lost them all. Blue gig is face down for the second day in a row after detaching from its rock, and is starting to slime/slug out.

Hopefully they come through again down the line. If I try again, it’ll be a lone gig and I’ll go cipro with API EM as I felt I saw some good response but at that point maybe it was already to late.
ah, I'm so sorry to hear they didn't make it :(

Yes, same person from RC and SCR! I think I bought an acro from you a long, long time ago around the time of covid :)

I had a tank crash last year during the holidays, and I lost a lot of fish and corals. Weirdly enough, most of my anemones, including my giant blue gig survived. It took a beating, but now it's back to its former glory. I feel like once they become established, they are pretty much indestructible. (The only exception to that statement is if you get greedy and try to add other gigs--usually one will dominate and others shrink--as I'm sure Derek (D-Nak) will attest to!)

Either way, don't give up! Once it's established, they're really hardy. I know you're kinda far in OC, but give Pasadena tropical fish (PTF) a call, especially on Friday or Sunday. He's been getting them in lately as well. Sunday mornings are the best time because he gets them, and they're in still in the bag, and he has the 25% off bag sale. I know he currently has a red haddoni that he got in last weekend.
 
ah, I'm so sorry to hear they didn't make it :(

Yes, same person from RC and SCR! I think I bought an acro from you a long, long time ago around the time of covid :)

I had a tank crash last year during the holidays, and I lost a lot of fish and corals. Weirdly enough, most of my anemones, including my giant blue gig survived. It took a beating, but now it's back to its former glory. I feel like once they become established, they are pretty much indestructible. (The only exception to that statement is if you get greedy and try to add other gigs--usually one will dominate and others shrink--as I'm sure Derek (D-Nak) will attest to!)

Either way, don't give up! Once it's established, they're really hardy. I know you're kinda far in OC, but give Pasadena tropical fish (PTF) a call, especially on Friday or Sunday. He's been getting them in lately as well. Sunday mornings are the best time because he gets them, and they're in still in the bag, and he has the 25% off bag sale. I know he currently has a red haddoni that he got in last weekend.
Love hearing that. Glad your blue survived, but sorry to hear about the crash. A blue though, that’s my holy grail anemone right there! thanks for the encouragement Jamie. I’ll check them out when I’m ready to try again.
 
So sorry to hear — such a heroic effort. Hope you can acquire & treat a healthy specimen soon. I know the feel - very demoralizing given so much time & effort trying to recover those already stressed unicorns.
100% specially when I went in so confident. I’m gutted but I’ll give it a go again when the time is right. Thanks man!
 
100% specially when I went in so confident. I’m gutted but I’ll give it a go again when the time is right. Thanks man!
Did you use amoxicillin at all?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new