given up on ice fire coral

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just can't keep this one i have triedlike 4 times and they always fail. last time I tried it I got 2 drags from the same colony for 15 bucks a piece and 3 months later gone. strangely I have 2 red dragon frags that are now mini colonies . what's up with that ? also my parameters are good all other sps, lps are growing fone

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't keep one either (RTN in a few hours). I am better off with other blue sticks but man, I like ice fire very much. Maybe slow dripping acclimation will increase survival rate.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have given away or sold about a dozen frags of Tyree Ice Fire over the years. All of the ones in LED tanks died in a few months and the ones under T5 and MH are doing well. This is a small sample size and I am not trying to start a war, just trying to help if you fall into this category then it might not be you. I have mine at 325 PAR under 14K Phoenix, FWIW... lower light in my tank, but still plenty. They are intoxicating, especially when they get big.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have given away or sold about a dozen frags of Tyree Ice Fire over the years. All of the ones in LED tanks died in a few months and the ones under T5 and MH are doing well. This is a small sample size and I am not trying to start a war, just trying to help if you fall into this category then it might not be you. I have mine at 325 PAR under 14K Phoenix, FWIW... lower light in my tank, but still plenty. They are intoxicating, especially when they get big.

Nice to see you finally here @jda .. your years of knowledge in growing acroporas and expertise in the field of sps will help us a lot ...

Regards,
Abhishek

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just in case I didn't before, Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too had problems growing some sps, but recently a month ago I purchased a ATI fixture, 8 bulb. 60". Couldn't be happier, corals have exploded with extension with 5 hrs of full lights

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back