Glad I removed that anemone!

  • Thread starter Thread starter littledhh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

littledhh

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2016
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a carpet anemone 3 weeks ago and he hasn't been doing so hot ever sense. Water parameters have been staying in check throughout. Yesterday before work I noticed he was looking extra sick so I removed him and put him in a hospital tank. Lord, am I thankful I did that. This morning when I got him the hospital tank was solid white. I checked the water parameters in that tank before I tossed the water just out of curiosity. Here is what I found.

Ammonia: 4.0 ppm
Nitrate: 160 ppm
Nitrite: 1.0 ppm

Thank goodness I removed him and didn't risk loosing a 55 gallon tank.

Current water parameters i display tank:

Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrate: 20
Nitrite: 0
Temperature: 78F
PH: 8.0
Calcium: 460
KH: 196.9
Phosphate: 0
Salinity: 1.025
 
I assume from the nem, everything has been fine... as a matter of fact I just checked all the parameters 3 days ago and everything was great but I noticed the anemone acting extra weird yesterday so I isolated him.
 
Is the ammonia in the display from the nem or is it a fairly new tank?
I assume from the nem, everything has been fine... as a matter of fact I just checked all the parameters 3 days ago and everything was great but I noticed the anemone acting extra weird yesterday so I isolated him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new