Glass cages 310G 7 foot reef tank and fishroom build out

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I need to plumb the uv… it wants 2100 gph should I do it off the closed loop ? Or off the return or a separate pump in skimmer chamber pumping to return chamber. Only concern is if the uv flows more than the tank it will overfill the return chamber and then cause water level fluctuations. And if the returns don’t flow 2100 gph then what ? Am I overthinking ? I just don’t want too much reaction time so I don’t nuke everything in the water column
2100 gph is a lot of flow for a return. I seriously doubt your drain system could handle that much flow. If you want to do it in the sump I would do supply and return to the same section or return to a higher level section. Definitely do not do skimmer to return. I personally like doing UV on a closed loop from the display back to the display.

OP
OP
1000rrstunna

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I’m going to scrap the sump for better drains and features and have another built and just wait the 8 weeks…. It sucks but I hate it and I think my build is worthy of a nicer piece.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size sump was your original? I’m going g to have a sump custome made as well as I want one that is 24” wide and that’s hard to find with the features I want

OP
OP
1000rrstunna

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What size sump was your original? I’m going g to have a sump custome made as well as I want one that is 24” wide and that’s hard to find with the features I want
23 wide 20 tall 72 long go 23 wide save a billion dollars as sheets are 48”

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back