• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Glass cages review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, hope you're well. Here to share some experience and shed light on my recently build from Glasscages.com

The tank is roughly 37 gallons, with the dimensions 48Lx18Wx10H. Included were two drilled holes, low iron on the front, and clear silicon.

I inquired via the web form on 12/02/2019 at 8:05P Est. I had a breakdown of total costs at 8:54P Est, same day. Fwiw, this was all during their Black friday sale so I assume it's possibly quite busy during this time. That's one heck of a start. Decided to pull the trigger the next day and was instructed to call for confirmation and payment. Procedures were completed and I had an estimated date of arrival soon thereafter. Amazing

My next communications began with @Joe Glass Cages support through and through. We swiftly got to know one another and were on a call to call basis. Super kind, super contagious, and one who truly wants to drive you to success. Template for the overflow was handed off and Cad drawings were sent back for approval. After signing off, production began and the tank was on my doorstep very, very soon thereafter. Insane especially considering dealing with NYC logistics. All in all, this process took less than 3 weeks end to end. The stars were aligned for me in particular and I couldn't have had a more valuable, more successful experience here with Glasscages, for the budget I have set. It felt really wonderful to be attached to the build, yet you're hundreds of miles away. I'm considerably grateful for the team there. Thank you very much GC team.

Images below. Attached are the full tank, precision in the overflow hole cut, beveled edges, and the one area that isn't top notch. Overall, the silicone job is really really great - not perfect. I cleaned off 2 area's of silicone that were maybe 3-4 mm? They looked like nothing more than silicone that may have escaped some tape.

IMG_4797.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4800.jpg
IMG_4798.jpg

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, hope you're well. Here to share some experience and shed light on my recently build from Glasscages.com

The tank is roughly 37 gallons, with the dimensions 48Lx18Wx10H. Included were two drilled holes, low iron on the front, and clear silicon.

I inquired via the web form on 12/02/2019 at 8:05P Est. I had a breakdown of total costs at 8:54P Est, same day. Fwiw, this was all during their Black friday sale so I assume it's possibly quite busy during this time. That's one heck of a start. Decided to pull the trigger the next day and was instructed to call for confirmation and payment. Procedures were completed and I had an estimated date of arrival soon thereafter. Amazing

My next communications began with @Joe Glass Cages support through and through. We swiftly got to know one another and were on a call to call basis. Super kind, super contagious, and one who truly wants to drive you to success. Template for the overflow was handed off and Cad drawings were sent back for approval. After signing off, production began and the tank was on my doorstep very, very soon thereafter. Insane especially considering dealing with NYC logistics. All in all, this process took less than 3 weeks end to end. The stars were aligned for me in particular and I couldn't have had a more valuable, more successful experience here with Glasscages, for the budget I have set. It felt really wonderful to be attached to the build, yet you're hundreds of miles away. I'm considerably grateful for the team there. Thank you very much GC team.

Images below. Attached are the full tank, precision in the overflow hole cut, beveled edges, and the one area that isn't top notch. Overall, the silicone job is really really great - not perfect. I cleaned off 2 area's of silicone that were maybe 3-4 mm? They looked like nothing more than silicone that may have escaped some tape.

IMG_4797.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4800.jpg
IMG_4798.jpg
Thanks @tsouth. That set up looks fantastic. I just love the way your build turned out for you and your family!

I would like to chat with you about the area that isn't top notch. I am not really liking that and feel it needs to be addressed.

Again, thank you!

OP
OP
tsouth

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hi Joe - Yeah, absolutely. Feel free to message or call at your convenience.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
3 weeks from ordering to putting water in it?

I'd be worried about that one picture. Looks like some missing silicone.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 weeks from ordering to putting water in it?

I'd be worried about that one picture. Looks like some missing silicone.
@tsouth and I spoke this morning. The purchase and assembly process took about 3 weeks. The tank was filled after 6 weeks or more after assembly. However, I don't like what I see. We talked about options and we are doing the right thing. @tsouth is getting a new rimless aquarium. Overall the tank has a very nice look. Edges and silicone seams look nice. That flaw should have been caught at the shop. I am embarrassed that it wasn't. Human error occurred and there was an oversight. Next step is for us to take care of it and that we will.

OP
OP
tsouth

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean...You heard the man. Need I say more? Astounding. The sincerity and level of responsibility given is tremendous.

I'll be with this company for the remainder of my adventures in this hobby. I've had two GC tanks before this, and the reason I keep returning is because the value is exceptional, and the support is immediate. Literally received direct messages to my phone right after Joe's follow up, and then he called me at 845 the next morning, my time as I requested.

Expect an update once the new tank arrives. With the addition of low iron glass on the sides too - a gift from Joe and the team at the Glasscages house <3

Last edited:

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so great to hear! I'm only an hour from them, and eventually I'll need to go bigger downstairs from the 220 to something larger that will require custom. Good to know good things are happening again for them!
Thanks! Things are for sure happing!!! Rocking I must say! Passion Rules.....

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Do you guys by chance build custom canopies that aren't meant for your tanks? Having a heck of a time getting one for a aqueon 72 gallon bowfront. Tank.
@southerntnreefer we sure do. sorry we don't make bow-front canopies. So, so very hard to match the angles or arc on a bow-tank we don't have in hand so we can test the fit. Have you tried the original manufacture?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@southerntnreefer we sure do. sorry we don't make bow-front canopies. So, so very hard to match the angles or arc on a bow-tank we don't have in hand so we can test the fit. Have you tried the original manufacture?
I have... they dont manufacture them anymore, so thats why i was looking for a local cabinet builder.

jamesfc27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4797.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4800.jpg
IMG_4798.jpg

Where'd you get your aluminum stand from? I really like those integrated side anchors.

OP
OP
tsouth

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where'd you get your aluminum stand from? I really like those integrated side anchors.

I purchased parts from tnutz.com and had them do the drilling and countersinks. Planned and assembled myself.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back