Glass-holes 3000

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fuel1976
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fuel1976

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Messages
56
Reaction score
25
Location
Rochester, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed the 3000 on my 120gal display, (tank upgrade build). Would like each of the 2" overflows to enter into it's own 4" filter sock. The sump is located in the stand directly below the main tank. Is anyone else using the 3000 with 4" filter socks? Appreciate if anyone can share some pics of how u plumbed the PVC. Thanks.
 
Thanks breakthecycle2. I'm also planning on running two 4" socks. Did u run 2" PVC right into the socks or did u reduce the PVC size? If u reduced it, what size?
 
You mention that it'll get very loud if the size is reduced. Did you install any valves on the drains, assume no. Running 2" all the way is it quiet? I've got a 120 display with a new DCT-12000 on the way.
 
It's as simple as I didn't do my research. Looking back I should have opted for the full siphon. I'm hopeful for the 3000. It's not running yet but should be in a few weeks. Slow process.
 
Had mine for 5 years...love it. I also run two socks. If it is making more noise than you like, you can install a 45 or 90 degree at the bottom.. I have a friend who actually put bio balls in the pipes and it seems to work for him. He glued a zip tie across the bottom of the pipe to keep the bio balls in place.
 
Had mine for 5 years...love it. I also run two socks. If it is making more noise than you like, you can install a 45 or 90 degree at the bottom.. I have a friend who actually put bio balls in the pipes and it seems to work for him. He glued a zip tie across the bottom of the pipe to keep the bio balls in place.
What I did, was extended my return lines with PVC to almost the bottom of the sump. It reduced the noise/splashing sound by 80%. I also have 45 degree installed right before the socks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new