Glass lid condensation

Raysup88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think the glass top lids look good but the condensation is ridiculous. Now that I’m starting to get into coral I think this may become an unnecessary issue of mine. I just now thought to prop up the front piece to sit above the rim so there’s spacing maybe that would help? But idk if maybe drilling some small holes around the glass? Or going with a diy lids?
60A229B1-56D5-4AB1-AC97-BB8705D0D563.jpeg

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to keep coral that condensation will impact lighting pretty significantly. Just DIY some screen lids. There are a few threads on here showing how to do it.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to keep coral that condensation will impact lighting pretty significantly. Just DIY some screen lids. There are a few threads on here showing how to do it.
You can use glass. Just use screen to cover were the plastic is.

ArchXIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they said. Before I upgraded I had a glass top. My new tank has a mesh lid.. It's by far superior, and have noticed a big positive impact on my corals.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back