Glass lid for nano tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter nubbs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nubbs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral life 29g bio cube and and have recently added the AI Prime light. I hate the fact that I don't have a lid now. The evaporation rate is high and the amount of duct that is being collected on the surface is ridiculous. I am in the process of having a glass lid made for this. Would any one be interested in purchasing these once the final product is made. It would only cover the display tank and would fit the coral life 29 bio cube only. I have plans for covering the filter part. Once I have pics of this I will post them. I am just trying to get an idea if anyone would interested in this
 
Love to see what you've done. I have a stained glass shop close. they can cut anything.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456780909.319473.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456780954.280953.jpg

Here is what it looks like
 
Thats excellent.

The only mod I would suggest is a two part and use the standard hinge thingy.

Who cut the curves?
 
I made a template that I laser cut from steel at work and then took that to the glass shop and they were able to cut it exactly to the size and shape
 
I made a template that I laser cut from steel at work and then took that to the glass shop and they were able to cut it exactly to the size and shape
wow.
 
It was a little over board but you could do the same thing with a sheet of cardboard. Just trace a roughy shape and then trimming it down till you get a fit that you like
 
I used a thick acrylic for summer and drilled holes too to install cooling fans. No chiller. used a digital DC temp control from ebay for the fans. low tech but was a fun thing to build.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new