Glass shops in ct

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to find a glass shop in ct that will do glass for the aquarium? The one shop I found in manchester wanted to charge me 70 bucks for three panes under 2 foot feet long. Need a good shop that I can go to for sump baffles, lids, overflow boxes etc.

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a glass store in Wallingford and it was pretty close to that price.
Seemed fair to me figuring it included 3 panes of glass and it was all nice and beveled so I didn't have to worry about being cut when assembling. I paid 28 bucks from Petco for the tank so I figured 100 for custom sump was not too bad. I realize now I didn't need a bubble trap because my skimmer does not create any micro bubbles.

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like it will just be cheaper to buy the stock lids then. I read in a bunch of threads people were able to use glass shops for baffles and lids for around 15 bucks each. Maybe it's just dated info.

a49panhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they r straight cuts y not cut it your self. It's simple. Lube the glass with kerosene. score and snap. Sand the edges and dune. Be shore to wrap a towel around hand and wrist I case the glass brakes. Clean well and install

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember working with glass many years ago and wouldn't have a problem trying it out. Home depot didn't carry glass and lowes only had really thin stuff. Any idea where to get just cheap plate glass?

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember working with glass many years ago and wouldn't have a problem trying it out. Home depot didn't carry glass and lowes only had really thin stuff. Any idea where to get just cheap plate glass?

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post an update in case anyone finds this thread in the future. I still have ot reach out to a few other glass shops but Petco is having their dollar a gallon sale. if i can't find anything cheaper i'll just buy a 10 gallon and take it apart. 5 Perfectly good panes there for $10, if i have to cut them shouldn't be a problem.

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In bridgeport on main street there's a glass shop I've gotten my glass there for baffles and to make my own versa top beveled and all. I got 5 plates cuts and beveled 12 bucks a plate

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back