Glass Tank, suction cup handles.

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I may buy or rent some quality suction cups for moving a glass aquarium? Preferably in the Fox Valley area.

Thanks,

Brad

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea, but I've heard a few other people have used 2 x 4s underneath the tank if no one else has useful info for you. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply's.

No idea, but I've heard a few other people have used 2 x 4s underneath the tank if no one else has useful info for you. Best of luck!

I'll definitely need the luck! This tank is a beast, measuring 74"x48"x"32", all 19mm glass with a side external overflow. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I saw some at Harbor Freight the last time I was there. Otherwise moving straps (U-Haul moving supplies: Forearm Forklift Moving Straps) available at Uhaul and piano dollies available at any rental place work well.

I went to Harbor Freight on College Ave, and they did not have anything there. I do remember seeing them on their website though, but I'm not sure if I would trust them. I do have access to the piano dollies, a pallet jack, and jacks to lift the aquarium straight up to the stand height.

I watched the video on the Forearm Forklifts, very interesting. 66% lighter, thats less than 300lbs. Do you think the tank can be picked up on the pallet with these?

How soon do you need them and how many do you need

I was thinking maybe four. My thought was to use them mainly to roll the tank on its side onto a narrower pallet.

I don't really have a time to move the tank, yet. I do have the stand in place and the tank in the garage, but not really sure how I'm going to do this move.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you pick a day and ask nicely there is normally a good group of people willing to help move. Ask about moving my 240 into the basement and I am sure you will get some interesting comments!

Eric

msch1999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you pick a day and ask nicely there is normally a good group of people willing to help move. Ask about moving my 240 into the basement and I am sure you will get some interesting comments!

Eric

Uhm. I plead the 5th....:bigsmile:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back