Gluing Rock in Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter RWReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RWReefer

Hair Algae Extraordinaire
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Messages
573
Reaction score
709
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any solution to gluing rock in place in the tank? I pulled out one section of my aquascape to clean off algae and it broke in two parts. Have it stacked back in its general shape and looking for ways to add a little more support to the structure.

In the general area highlighted below.

IMG_6898.jpeg
 
Super Glue/Epoxy/Super Glue sandwich!
 
I'd probably just use super glue gel
Yeah I thought of that well, but I’ve got a pretty decent gap where the pieces aren’t fitting together anymore as they once did. I’m thinking an epoxy sandwich reinforced by e-marco will probably do the trick.
 
I use epoxy on the rock and super glue that together.

if you want it to look more "natural" you can make some riprap and embed that in the epoxy.
 
glue and epoxy can barely hold frags in place, to hold rocks together I would suggest reef cement
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new