Gobies and nem's?

joebailey427

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers, I'm setting up a nano for my little guy at home. Ok, it's mostly for me but don't tell my wife. Anyway, since it's for my son and not me (right?) I'm trying things I've never done. I'm a mixed reef junkie so we aren't doing that. It's theme is symbiotic relationships, and I'm most concerned about my stocking list. The plan is Yasha goby and pistol shrimp, onyx clown and RBTA, and a porcelain crab or sexy shrimp. For color pop (since it is for a 6 month old) I was thinking about filling it up with rock flower nems. I think it would be cool to do a nem tank, but I also know how I would feel about waking up to a half eaten yasha goby. Am I justified in this concern, or just paranoid? Also since there won't be any coral (and I'm not doing my usual, dwarf hermits and cerith snails as the base of my CUC) I was thinking tuxedo urchin for algae control. Do you think 1 would be enough for a 12g tank? What other interesting inverts would you consider? Thanks everyone!
 
I noticed your post and am just gonna give it a bump. I keep two polymnus with a macrodactyla in a nano that size. The macrodactylas live naturally together with algae not corals, and I just let the fishes graze the algae together with some Asterina stars (they apparently all spawned out of the same ancestor, all of them have three arms). I would guess that a Yasha would easily come into problems with the rock flowers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new