Goby compatibility questions

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Got a quick question on Goby compatibility. I recently acquired a pistol shrimp with the hopes that it would pair with my two spot goby. I knew it was a long shot since two spots are not really known for this behavior so I'm not bummed that it didn't happen. I plan on introducing a shrimp goby of some sort, i'm thinking a yellow watchman, orange spotted, or randall's, and am just wondering if the two Goby's with similar roles will get along?

I know some goby like the watchmen can be aggressive towards their own kind but I figure they would look different enough to avoid conflict?

Any advice?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a 2 spot goby, but I've had several gobies, different gobies mixed in the same tank, , I like them, they are really colorful and peaceful. The general rule is one of each goby species per tank, unless they are mated. As long as the 2 fish are not similar in size and color, they should be fine, which obviously, yellow and 2 spot are very different.

Upvote 0

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myself, I've had two Purple Firefish Goby for several months. This afternoon, I purchased a Yellow Watchman goby. I will admit that I am a bit nervous because he is extremely small. I do have an awful lot of hiding places that he can sit on rock crevices that they can't get to him. I should see something by tomorrow morning

Upvote 0
Back