Goby help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Poimnato
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Poimnato

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been getting interested in goby tanks, and I would really like to get one. I have all of the things, but I still have a few questions.
What should the lighting be?
What should the levels of nitrate and nitrite be?
How big should the tank be for both the pistol shrimp and the yellow prawn goby?
 
So I have been getting interested in goby tanks, and I would really like to get one. I have all of the things, but I still have a few questions.
What should the lighting be?
What should the levels of nitrate and nitrite be?
How big should the tank be for both the pistol shrimp and the yellow prawn goby?
Welcome to R2R!!

To answer your questions:
Gobies don’t require any special lighting.
Nitrites won’t be an issue once your tank is cycled. Nitrates aren’t an issue, just avoid extremes.
Nano tanks are fine for a goby and pistol shrimp pair.

Post pics when you get your goby tank going!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new