Goddess of Paradise Acropora

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not a secret that @Vivid Aquariums has some of the craziest looking acros around. Especially their insane Tenius collection. However, I am a huge fan of the oddest looking SPS. During my "occasional" trip to Vivid I was browsing through their new colonies, and I saw an Acropora Granulosa that was so unique that I just had to get it. As the luck would have it they were already holding it for someone else. =/ I was broken hearted. For the next few days I literally could not sleep. lol . When I went to vivid again, to my surprise this baby was back up for sale. Needless to say, I could not pass it up. I am a huge fan of smooth skin Acroporas, but this one is the most unique looking granulosa I've ever seen. P.S. This is not a for sale thread, I am just trying to share a little story, with a few acro addicts like myself. Hehe. Also, shout out to my girlfriend for giving this acro such a cool name.
26992052_10215633717783153_2989653527902402983_n.jpg

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) That sure is a beauty, I took a second look, can we see a side view picture of the Princess

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice granny. Do you know how long they had it and what color shift, if any, that it has had already?

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool maricultured acro. I wonder how many clones are out there...
Hmm I'd have to ask vivid, I am not sure if it's a maricultured, the plug it's on is vivid's, as they remove them from the original base in order to avoid parasite eggs.
:) That sure is a beauty, I took a second look, can we see a side view picture of the Princess
I will take a side pic of it as soon as I get my glass cleaned haha I promise.
Very nice granny. Do you know how long they had it and what color shift, if any, that it has had already?
I am not sure exactly how long they've had it for, but it wasn't too long, since I stop by there once every few days. When I got it, it browned out slightly after the dip, green color faded a bit but it's coming back. The overall color under the white lights only, is much more pink now. I will try to get a phone pic of it.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I have had a ton of wild grannies and they color shift as much as any coral out there once they get into captivity. I hope that it holds this color. I have seen pink grannies, but not with purple tips.

It can take a year for these to fully get settled, which is why I do not complain at all if a vendor invests this kind of time and wants a mint for a nice frag. Most of them turn out like the other ones out there, which makes a nice new one even more important, IMO.

I would doubt that this is Mari... I would guess wild, but I do not know. If it indeed Mari, then it will eventually shift to a color morph that is quite common, so I hope that it is not. Although, since they sold it instead of keeping it, it could be Mari.

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I have had a ton of wild grannies and they color shift as much as any coral out there once they get into captivity. I hope that it holds this color. I have seen pink grannies, but not with purple tips.

It can take a year for these to fully get settled, which is why I do not complain at all if a vendor invests this kind of time and wants a mint for a nice frag. Most of them turn out like the other ones out there, which makes a nice new one even more important, IMO.

I would doubt that this is Mari... I would guess wild, but I do not know. If it indeed Mari, then it will eventually shift to a color morph that is quite common, so I hope that it is not. Although, since they sold it instead of keeping it, it could be Mari.

Totally agree, the initial shift from the wild colors to the captive colors could be dramatic. Especially that most of the Granulosa corals are monochromatic.
Hopefully it keeps its current shine though, I am banking on my new Radions. I've been having a great success after switching from my old LEDs, even the corals I've had for a while are showing new colors. Time will tell.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back