Going BIG when buying small! My Fluval 22 gallon Dual Display Mangrove Frag Tank!

OP
OP
KellyCorals

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out those hand rail brackets don’t do a good job of holding the weight of the shelf and ATO when it’s full (ATO holds about 3 gallons best I can tell). So I replaced the brackets with a pair I found on eBay that do a much better job.
B22EFE91-DE8E-4F5D-85C9-D27CC6F3A779.jpeg

RyanPlanted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your tank i also have a coralife UV sterilizer and i want to plumb it into pvc your the only person i can find that has done it so could you please please please give me a link to the place where your got that fittings to plumb the uv into your pvc and also what those fittings are called. it will be much appreciated thankyou.

OP
OP
KellyCorals

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ryan! So I’ll give you the run down on plumbing the UV sterilizer. If you read my build you have to hack off the barbed fittings and then your left with the threaded fittings. The problem is this - I don’t know what kind of thread they used but it’s not standard pipe thread. What I did (and it worked) was to Teflon tape the threads and force female pipe fittings on a couple threads until they were tight. The threads are not the same but it seals up just fine if you do it right. I’ve been running my tank for 6 months with zero leaks at the sterilizer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back