Going on vacation for 5 days

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdubs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tdubs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2025
Messages
65
Reaction score
57
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on vacation for 5 days and worried about my tank. It's just a little Biocube 32, though heavily modified. I have the dosers going, the ATO going.

pH- 8.1
ALK- 8.1
NO3- 5.8
PO4- .10
SG- 1.025

AI Blades x 3
AI return pump and Nero's
Refugium- Chaeto
d32ebb55-2bd7-41b8-a5a0-ba0e203e1e7f.jpg

Red Sea Doser-4
Skimmer
Co2 Scrubber
 
Good luck!
 
I assume you have an auto feeder too? Can someone check on it at least once?
I just bought one, I will give it a trial run tomorrow while I am home and then it is fingers crossed. Their diet will be cut in half during my vacation.. but only a pair of clowns, a yellow watchman, a pink cryptic wrasse and Tailspot. 5 fish.. tank is loaded with pods.

I will leave a camera in front and call the neighbors I guess in case of an emergency. I wish I had an inkbird for the heater, but the room is climate controlled at least. I have a smallish power backup I will plug the return pump only into... That should buy the tank a few hours at least if power goes out
 
I just bought one, I will give it a trial run tomorrow while I am home and then it is fingers crossed. Their diet will be cut in half during my vacation.. but only a pair of clowns, a yellow watchman, a pink cryptic wrasse and Tailspot. 5 fish.. tank is loaded with pods.

I will leave a camera in front and call the neighbors I guess in case of an emergency. I wish I had an inkbird for the heater, but the room is climate controlled at least. I have a smallish power backup I will plug the return pump only into... That should buy the tank a few hours at least if power goes out
That sounds like a great plan!
 
I just bought one, I will give it a trial run tomorrow while I am home and then it is fingers crossed. Their diet will be cut in half during my vacation.. but only a pair of clowns, a yellow watchman, a pink cryptic wrasse and Tailspot. 5 fish.. tank is loaded with pods.

I will leave a camera in front and call the neighbors I guess in case of an emergency. I wish I had an inkbird for the heater, but the room is climate controlled at least. I have a smallish power backup I will plug the return pump only into... That should buy the tank a few hours at least if power goes out
You’re more prepared than I am when I go on vacation!
 
Just discovered my AFR dosing line was vacuum locked. Explains why ALK was drifting down while I kept increasing the dose. I think water changes were the only thing that saved for my tank, for over a month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new