Going to add this advice please

arawona1964

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
68
Location
kent
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can you tell me if this product is worth it seems many people think so if it is should you have to know anything before you use it
My tank has been running for 4 days I have dry rock in main display and sump and live sand in main display


20260202_103351_69BC1AD2-4FDB-4988-9A4B-56379FFC8443.png
Thanks
 
Yes, Dr. Tim's One and Only is a trusted product to add beneficial, nitrifying bacteria to your system, and what I prefer if doing a fish-less cycle. Other products that are similar and popular include Fritz TurboStart and Microbacter Start.

In addition to a bottle of bacteria, you'll need a source of ammonia and a test kit to measure ammonia. Popular sources of ammonia include Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride, ammonium carbonate (baking ammonia, found at grocery stores), adding fish food, or a piece of shrimp from the seafood market.

Here's some more information on nitrogen cycling your new tank:
 
Yes, Dr. Tim's One and Only is a trusted product to add beneficial, nitrifying bacteria to your system, and what I prefer if doing a fish-less cycle. Other products that are similar and popular include Fritz TurboStart and Microbacter Start.

In addition to a bottle of bacteria, you'll need a source of ammonia and a test kit to measure ammonia. Popular sources of ammonia include Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride, ammonium carbonate (baking ammonia, found at grocery stores), adding fish food, or a piece of shrimp from the seafood market.

Here's some more information on nitrogen cycling your new tank:
Thanks a great concise reply I’ll
Be doing fishless to I have a new test kit so I’ll follow your advice cheers for that
 
That’s how I started my tank! I followed the guide that was post on Dr. Tim’s website and it was very easy to get my tank cycled with this stuff!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new