Gold Torch coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nimitz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nimitz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
48
Reaction score
3
Location
Indialantic, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at a reef conference yesterday that our club put on I ended up wining 5 coral frags. I hadn't intended to start adding corls just yet to my new tank but I've got them now so I could use some advice ...

I have a gold torch coral as one of the 5 (the others are 2 Zoas,a red chalice & a purple branching duncan) which I know is an LPS. I'm so new to corals that I'm not really sure about the duncan & chalice ...) Anyway, while I'm reseraching them can anyone tell me about the Torch's water flow, lighting & feeding req'ts? My lighting is 2 AI Sol whites, 6 Powerbrite blues & 2 T5 actinics. The tank is 150 gals and will be a mixed reef. Before yesterday it just had 2 barlett anthais, 2 lyre tail jewel anthais, longnose hawkfish, royal gramma & phesudo skunkfish
 
just realized my chalice & branching duncan are both LPS so the same questions apply for them as well. If you just want to point me to a good reference to read up on them that works as well. I don't need to waste everyone's time with the new noob stuff ... thx
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new