Golden head goby and cleaner shrimp

Ariel'sMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a golden head sleeper goby this past Friday. Since putting him in my 47 gallon tank, my cleaner shrimp is staying next to him by the side of my UV filter. Do these 2 normally pair up or this aggression on the shrimp’s end. Here’s a picture. Thank you!

IMG_0184.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a golden head sleeper goby this past Friday. Since putting him in my 47 gallon tank, my cleaner shrimp is staying next to him by the side of my UV filter. Do these 2 normally pair up or this aggression on the shrimp’s end. Here’s a picture. Thank you!

IMG_0184.jpeg
They dont pair. Only watchmen and pistol shrimps will. Your shrimp probably is just trying to clean him!

OP
OP
Ariel'sMom

Ariel'sMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t h
They dont pair. Only watchmen and pistol shrimps will. Your shrimp probably is just trying to clean him!
i didn’t think they did either. I have a pistol and a Randall goby that have paired nicely. But this cleaner has been with it since adding the goby. Just checking to make sure nothing strange is going on.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t h

i didn’t think they did either. I have a pistol and a Randall goby that have paired nicely. But this cleaner has been with it since adding the goby. Just checking to make sure nothing strange is going on.
Nah he just might want to clean him lol. I had a cleaner shrimp who wanted to clean everything that came in the tank and tried to clean my lionfish at one point! Got stung by the lion and died but wasnt aggressive at all!

OP
OP
Ariel'sMom

Ariel'sMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah he just might want to clean him lol. I had a cleaner shrimp who wanted to clean everything that came in the tank and tried to clean my lionfish at one point! Got stung by the lion and died but wasnt aggressive at all!
The goby has been in that one spot with the shrimp over him for a full day. Should I try and move the shrimp away from the goby??

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goby has been in that one spot with the shrimp over him for a full day. Should I try and move the shrimp away from the goby??
Nah the worst the cleaner will do is annoy the goby lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I feel better after reading these replies
Welcome, now if it was a coral banded shrimp I would be concerned, those are little demons! I have a mated pair that I set up a nano for. Only tank mates for them is an emerald crab and a clownfish

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back