Goni polyps bailing. How can I help it?

cybrook1421

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
26
Location
Kansas City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this goni in my quarantine tank for a few months. Just moved it last wednesday to my display tank. Put it on the sand bed to let it acclimate to new conditions. Noticed today that they polyps around the edges are bailing. I moved it to the rock so I could video it and to get it more flow.

My other goni (a purple one) that I have had for over a year now is doing just fine.

Params from last time I checked were 6.5dkh (getting this up slowly with auto doser), 410 calc, 1455 mag, 25 nitrate, 0.3 phos (getting this down with phosphaterx).


 
What was the alk in the qt tank? 6.5 is quite low, if it was a big difference from qt tank then that might be the problem
 
What was the alk in the qt tank? 6.5 is quite low, if it was a big difference from qt tank then that might be the problem
I actually found out the next day that the QT tank had lower alk around 5.7. Since all the corals were out, I did a big water change and it's now back to 8.5ish. So I think putting it back into the QT tank would probably make it worse.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new