Goniopora and algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter boosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

boosh

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Singapore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm having trouble with algae on my goniopora causing it to not open properly and I'm worried it's going to die.

I've already tried to very gently remove the algae physically but this did not work. Can anyone give me any ideas please?

Thank you
 
Algae will normally not grow on living coral, it will grow on parts of the coral that have died.

Try to take a pic in white lighting so that we can see and try to help.
 
Hi

I'm having trouble with algae on my goniopora causing it to not open properly and I'm worried it's going to die.

I've already tried to very gently remove the algae physically but this did not work. Can anyone give me any ideas please?

Thank you
Please post pic or two under white lighting. Goniopora need enough flow to keep sediment and waste off them and enough that no algae should be sticking to them
 
Peroxide dip, I have used it many times on Goni's with good success. Are there any dead areas on the Goni?
Peroxide is a good idea but pls do not dip the whole colony or frag. You can just take the Goni out and drop a few drops of 3% peroxide over the area with alage. It vanishes in couple of days

Peroxide works on algae like magic.

Sam
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new