Goniopora and Alveopora Frags! These are Movers and Shakers! Can you tell the difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Corals.com

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of our favorite corals to add to an aquarium are Goniopora and Alveopora! They add a tremendous amount of movement to your aquarium! Do you know how to tell which one is a Goniopora vs Alveopora? Here's a few we currently have on our site, see if you can tell the difference! The key is in the number of tentacles on each polyp! Have a great Sunday my friends!
~Corals.com

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
d.jpg e.jpg f.jpg g.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work! How did you tell? Here we thought we were being tricky clearly listing them all one after another, lol.
That was easy! Made it more obvious! LOL Why is gono so much more popular? Is Alev as flowy?

OP
OP
Corals.com

Corals.com

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was easy! Made it more obvious! LOL Why is gono so much more popular? Is Alev as flowy?
Yeah, we'll have to work on not making it so obvious next time, haha! We believe people are just more familiar with Goniopora as they are definitely more common in the hobby and more readily available. They do have nice flowy movement too!

OP
OP
Corals.com

Corals.com

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question as I have found alveopora is way easier to keep then Goni's.

FWIW, @Corals.com your on a forum with quite a few "experts", next time try a little harder to stump us.
We find them easy to keep as well! They live great! Yeah, we'll have to make it more difficult next time, haha. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back