Are You Team Branching or Team Wall Hammer?? - Why and Why Not??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Corals.com

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To us, nothing screams reef keeping and especially LPS Corals quite like Hammers. Their color variation and how their different polyp structures react and look makes them incredibly unique. Their wide popularity and relative abundance only helps to drive their reputation as one of the most popular corals in our hobby. With popularity can also come some challenges and a reputation (both good and bad), especially when there are two separate types.

Here at Corals.com, we absolutely love both Branching and Wall Hammers. It would be impossible for us to pick a side, as we have found great success in keeping and growing both types here at our facility.

We want to hear your story! Which type of hammer do you swear by? Which is your favorite? Which will you never touch again? Colors, countries, polyp type, morphs, and why?
Are you Team Branching or Team Wall? Hopefully, both! Lets hear your thoughts and see your photos down below with ours!​

OP
OP
Corals.com

Corals.com

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRANCHING HAMMERS

Branching Hammers are widely popular among hobbyists and likely the most common among the two types. With such a wide array of color variations and their tremendous growth, its easy to see why they are so popular! Awesome colors of Yellow, Neon, Orange, Purple Tip, and Toxic (to only name a few) are all throughout our hobby. Having a branching growth structure, they are also fairly fast growers making them extremely fraggable and even more popular and accessible to reefers! We love our Branching Hammers, and always have a great selection in stock. Here's some of our favorite colonies and frags, currently available on our site as well!

IMG_8191.jpg IMG_8063.jpg IMG_8045.jpg IMG_7817.jpg IMG_7808-600x400.jpg IMG_4518.jpg

OP
OP
Corals.com

Corals.com

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WALL HAMMERS

We always say, you can never go wrong with a big, puffy Wall Hammer! While they might not come in as many colors as branching ones, they come in different ones that are unique to them! Stunning blues and multicolors are a beautiful addition to any reef. Being a wall type skeleton structure, they are by no means fast growers. Which is why they usually only come as colonies, as fragging doesn't always yield the best results. Nonetheless, they make up for this in their sheer size in comparison. Wall hammers can achieve massive size! They slowly open up more and more once settled in for long periods in a location they like, and absolutely run with it! Opening up well over 10x their skeleton size. Making them a perfect Hammer Centerpiece on your reef! Here's some of our current favorites!

IMG_4460.jpg IMG_7464.jpg IMG_7356.jpg IMG_5543.jpg IMG_5892.jpg IMG_7482.jpg

OP
OP
Corals.com

Corals.com

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branching all the way.
I like to be able to have them mounted on the rock structure and it gives room for favias and other encrusting corals underneath
Awesome tanks by the way! Very very nice! Can't go wrong with branching hammers, especially with all that vertical growth. Like you said, gives plenty of room to have even more corals underneath! Walls are great too, but you're sacrificing a lot of tank real estate with one of them just because of the size and outward reach of the. Plus the variety in branching is just so much more vast, a lot more colorways to work with!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back