Goniopora - Can this piece survive?

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
2,054
Location
Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys

just a question as I am a Goniopora beginner…
Can this piece actually survive or is it a goner?
I mean the owner told me I can buy it cheap and he gives 5 days guarantee.

It was open for monthts and just needs better flow underneath.



@steveschuerger
 
hey guys

just a question as I am a Goniopora beginner…
Can this piece actually survive or is it a goner?
I mean the owner told me I can buy it cheap and he gives 5 days guarantee.

It was open for monthts and just needs better flow underneath.



@steveschuerger

I’d take chance . Looks overall in pretty decent condition considering.
 
hey guys

just a question as I am a Goniopora beginner…
Can this piece actually survive or is it a goner?
I mean the owner told me I can buy it cheap and he gives 5 days guarantee.

It was open for monthts and just needs better flow underneath.



@steveschuerger

I've had some in far worse condition and it came back and fully recovered

However they are fussy coral and it could go either way.

If your tank is not mature (over 12-18 months old) I'd probably pass.
 
ive used iodine dips to bring back almost fully dead goniopora and alveopora, then again ive heard Australian varieties are more resilient.
 
thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it!
The piece costs me 80 bucks and I do have 5 days guarantee cash back.

He is sure it will come back as it didnt get any worse then this in months.

I am just unsure.. is it even a cool piece? the coloration probably wont improve right?

My tank is 1.5 years old with mostly acros.
 
thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it!
The piece costs me 80 bucks and I do have 5 days guarantee cash back.

He is sure it will come back as it didnt get any worse then this in months.

I am just unsure.. is it even a cool piece? the coloration probably wont improve right?

My tank is 1.5 years old with mostly acros.
In that case, not too much light or flow and keep it away from other coral.
I wouldn't be force feeding it, just let it get what it needs from the water.
 
thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it!
The piece costs me 80 bucks and I do have 5 days guarantee cash back.

He is sure it will come back as it didnt get any worse then this in months.

I am just unsure.. is it even a cool piece? the coloration probably wont improve right?

My tank is 1.5 years old with mostly acros.
Everyone’s opinion is different and yours is what’s most important. It’s your tank and your money

But…

To me that’s still a nice size frag, I like the color, and I would say it’s worth 80$
 
Ok guys.. I did pull the trigger and got the goniopora on saturday.
Well, so far its not opening alot and is a bit ticked off it seems, haha.

I have bought another one - a small one - to compare it a little.. Well the small one is open like a champ.

I hope it gets beeter and it will open fully soon.

Day 1 after dipping:
IMG_6922.jpeg


Day 2:
IMG_6940.jpeg


The small one from the same system:
IMG_6942.jpeg
 
Similar happened to me. I got one goni and it opened same day. I got another and it opened same day. I got a third and it opened on day 2…I’m on day 4 now and it’s just starting to extend

These can be picky corals but yours looks good and I would give it more time and stability
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new