Goniopora help

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this one in to the tank about 2-3 weeks ago. I noticed a paleness on the edge from the start (thinking it was due to stress) but wondering now since it’s all closed up for 2 days if it’s something wrong with it.

IMG_1191.jpeg IMG_1190.jpeg

TinnysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience. Got a goni that wasn't so hot looking when I first bought it and it slowly fizzled out despite my other gonis looking great. Hopefully it perks up! I don't know if it's anything wrong with your tank. Do you have any other gonis that are doing well?

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC

OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience. Got a goni that wasn't so hot looking when I first bought it and it slowly fizzled out despite my other gonis looking great. Hopefully it perks up! I don't know if it's anything wrong with your tank. Do you have any other gonis that are doing well?

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC
So weird just hopes it get thru it. All my other corals are doing great with good extensions on the polyps and great colours. Also got some growth out of the Goniopora next to it as well as my Bernadporas on the opposite side of the tank.

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have another Goni just next to it maybe 5-8 cm away on the same level doing great even got new polyps on it.
Did you dip it before putting it into your tank? Maybe there is something along the base that is bothering it. I am no expert though just putting some interaction on your post so hopefully someone with more experience can help you lol.

OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you dip it before putting it into your tank? Maybe there is something along the base that is bothering it. I am no expert though just putting some interaction on your post so hopefully someone with more experience can help you lol.
Yes I did dip this one together with my Bernadporas then I got them. Could be a user error from my side when dipping as well?

Last edited:

TinnysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berndaporas? oooh don't think I've ever seen those before. Hopefully this one perks up. I think it's hopeful that there are well extended polyps.

OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berndaporas? oooh don't think I've ever seen those before. Hopefully this one perks up. I think it's hopeful that there are well extended polyps.
Bernardpora. Looks like a Goni to me with A bit shorter polyps. I’ll send a photo tomorrow

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure they have space between them. Bernardpora will prevent Goni from opening and Bernardpora will also attack goni. And they are stronger and will kill the Goni if they can reach it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back