Goniopora ID and question

Christopher Poore

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2016
Messages
339
Reaction score
70
Location
Boulder, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I purchased my 3rd Goni the other day from my LFS. My first was a small pink one, and second was a large neon green piece.

This one is aqua blue and has a bright yellow center. As you can see in picture my other Goni's are doing great! They have beautiful extension and are both growing at a great rate!

The new one has been in the tank for a few days now but hasn't begun extending at all. Should I be expecting something different from this one? Is it a different Goni species than my current two??

Thank you all!


IMG_1140.JPG
 
I am not sure on what type of gonipora it is but I don't know a lot about them.
I did however just order one online and it should get here Friday and I was wondering what type of lighting and flow they like?
It actually looks a lot like the green on you have in the right of your screen. They one I ordered is called a nuclear green gonipora. You have obviously had a lot of experience with them so I might as will ask.
Thanks;)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new