Goniopora que

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen the “petals” on the polyps change shape before?
7F9F1ED4-06AA-4377-8E7E-D2AA5CA0DCD9.jpeg

I’ve had this guy for a bit over 6 months now and it wasn’t till within the past few days that some of the polyps have started to change shape. As you can see in the pic most of the tentacles look like well petals, and some have started to look…. Grinch like? Is this what sweeper behavior looks like for gonis?
 
Yes.
I have a number of gonis in a garden and some have elongated "fingers". Most of them are where they are touching other gonis. Some even have changed tip colors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new