Goniopora will fight with each other?

gorgoniansfever

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2018
Messages
144
Reaction score
180
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goniopora will fight with each other,if they are different types ? Like in below video, they may be different type and some touch with each other.
 
Goniopora will fight with each other,if they are different types ? Like in below video, they may be different type and some touch with each other.

I have seen them touching each other with no issues and I have also seen them touching and where one touches the other it ends up as skeleton. Same thing for torches and occasionally hammers and frog spawn. I dont know if its a collection location thing as in say torches from Australia vs Fiji or just random. Before I put corals together I like to touch them together and see if the tentacles stick to each other if they do that could be a sign that one is more "aggressive" than the other and should not touch. Not the most scientific method but it does work at least in the case of torches. My cotton candy torch lives separately from my other torches for this reason, it will stick to all the other torches and cause the others to retract.
 
I have some that touch each other and they are fine. I've had some goni's that kill other goni's. You will know quickly enough.
 
There are countless goni gardens packed together without issue, as noted you'll know quickly if you've got a couple troublemakers, but I've had different types of torches stacked together as well w/o issue.

Now, don't knock anything in to my elegances. They sting, and they do it fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new