Gonipora dip CoralX

SaltyCrew4u

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2024
Messages
271
Reaction score
79
Location
United Staes
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Goni was looking rough so I dipped it in CoralRX. All other Goniopora are extended an thriving. This is my oldest in the tank and is still attached to a plug. Any ideas what might be wrong? The plug settled in a deep section of rock, so I believe it received poor water floor at its base which caused sponges and algae on its base.
 

Attachments

  • 20240911_192807.mp4
    24.3 MB
I would try an iodine dip (Lougols is what I use) and adding Manganese to the tank. Frequently this combo helps a lot with Gonis. The iodine will help any potential bacterial infections and the Manganese helps the gono grow/bounce back.
 
I’ve successfully dipped Goni in lugols. And also if I get algae on skeleton or plug I’ll dip in sw with hydrogen peroxide.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new