Gonzo Coral Sunburst Nem

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, what's the color of the foot on the sunburst? I just want to make sure if my flame is the same or not as the sunburst.

There's also reef raft's nem too!

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a side by side comparison! :tongue:

65086d1366829458-gonzo-coral-sunburst-anemone-dsc07798.jpg
inferno_zps64d22274.jpg

The interno actually has bright colored tips. It's a very solid and intense metallic coloration. My sunburst (if I recall correctly) had some color on the tip, but it was like a gradual transition vs having actual tip colors like some btas do.

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow those are beautiful. I want one for my newish reef (2 years) bady! I just want to get used to my bubble tips before I drop half a grand on an anemone

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well guys heres sunburst from mr.koi (edward)arrived safely heres a picture i took right after i put it in my tank..picture dont do this justice...the color is same color as my bam bam orange zoas:tongue:

with flash

last night the foot started to move on different directions...has stringy stuff underside middle off foot.
this morning when i check it out it is splitting halfway...i now have 2 almost small sunburst...its over halfway already on the split...hopefully by tonight its done splitting :)i will post picture of the split later....each is about 2-2.5 inches in size...yay!:bigsmile:

Last edited:

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see all these anemones and love em !!!!

This is not gonzo's but trully a one of a kind yellow morphed anemone !!!!
yqy2aqan.jpg

Thanks
Lucky Singh

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get my sunburst tomorrow. I cant wait to see it in person.
any update?
Wow those are beautiful. I want one for my newish reef (2 years) bady! I just want to get used to my bubble tips before I drop half a grand on an anemone

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
yea it would be smart to try a cheeper one out first...good luck!
well guys heres sunburst from mr.koi (edward)arrived safely heres a picture i took right after i put it in my tank..picture dont do this justice...the color is same color as my bam bam orange zoas:tongue:

with flash

last night the foot started to move on different directions...has stringy stuff underside middle off foot.
this morning when i check it out it is splitting halfway...i now have 2 almost small sunburst...its over halfway already on the split...hopefully by tonight its done splitting :)i will post picture of the split later....each is about 2-2.5 inches in size...yay!:bigsmile:
wow your lucky....mine is huge I cant wait for it to split...did you get ant pics of them spliting?
I see all these anemones and love em !!!!

This is not gonzo's but trully a one of a kind yellow morphed anemone !!!!
yqy2aqan.jpg

Thanks
Lucky Singh
it doesn't need the sunburst name to look beautiful...looks like yours found a perfect spot to rest.

Last edited:

fragman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question for you all?

Is the "Sexy Coral's Signature Rainbow BTA the same as the Gonzo Sunburst Anemone? Has anyone seen both of them? Side by side? They are sure similar.

Pic from his web site:

Attachments

• 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 738

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's when I had mine. I had it for months, and then one day it decided to hide behind the rock for a few months and disappear. It then showed up after 2-3 months as a tiny brown nub and then it just withered away. Was real sad. :(

That's very typical of how they can react in the Bay Area, not sure if it's the light or the water conditions.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still to this day I have never seen my Sunburst get the Rosebud look… It always has the long tentacle look… Does anybody else have this problem or know why mine is doing this?

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine rarely bubble-up, but it does once in awhile.
[video=youtube;WnRiquQU0JI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnRiquQU0JI[/video]
Still to this day I have never seen my Sunburst get the Rosebud look… It always has the long tentacle look… Does anybody else have this problem or know why mine is doing this?

Last edited:

Crusader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding my sunburst mysis daily. Tried silversides but it did not like them. Color is looking great but no bubble tips. Any idea how to encourage the bubble tips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I heard, nobody really knows why they bubble or don't. What IS known is that a BTA can be perfectly healthy and still not bubble; it is not a sign of an unhealthy nem.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I heard, nobody really knows why they bubble or don't. What IS known is that a BTA can be perfectly healthy and still not bubble; it is not a sign of an unhealthy nem.

This.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the "Sexy Coral's Signature Rainbow BTA the same as the Gonzo Sunburst Anemone? Has anyone seen both of them? Side by side? They are sure similar.

Pic from his web site:

They look very different to me. I sent sc a pm asking if he still sold his clones. No reply.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding my sunburst mysis daily. Tried silversides but it did not like them. Color is looking great but no bubble tips. Any idea how to encourage the bubble tips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Silversides are too boney. Stick with mysis or chopped up squid or clam.

Back