Gonzo Coloardo Sunburst Anemone

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a Gonzo Colorado Sunburst Anemone. I can hardly wait to see it in my tank. I think it was a good deal. I paid $125.00 plus shipping. Was this a good purchase or did I pay too much? I don't know what the Gonzo part of the name means can someone fill me in?

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think gonzo is the name of the vendor your nem is lineaged to. Not sure what the market is like for BTA but that sounds like a great deal!

OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think gonzo is the name of the vendor your nem is lineaged to. Not sure what the market is like for BTA but that sounds like a great deal!

Thank you.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's legit, you got a good deal.

OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 64

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price of CSBs has plummeted from a high of well over $1k to less than $200, depending on location. That said, $125 is the lowest I've seen. Nice pick up.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARC is the only vendor I've seen selling this lineage and it looks like that was your source. Congrats!

erichatesmice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid roughly 10x that amount on a tiny baby about 3 or 4 years ago. That sounds like a heck of a deal even with the going rate of csbs now. At least they grow like weeds even without cutting.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is looking for a Gonzo Colorado Sunburst Anemone. Go to www.https://areefcreation.com/ They have another one up for auction. Click on Go To Auction then page 2 at the very bottom of the page Current bid is at $55.00. Very cheap shipping only $29.01 1 day & 7 hours left on the auction. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow up. I received my order yesterday. I spent some time getting everything acclimated. The Nem was looking stressed and shrunken up. I turned off the light, left it alone and went to bed. This morning I took a quick look to see how everything was doing. The Anemone is looking a whole lot better. It's nice and puffy and the tentacles are bubbled up. I took a quick photo to share. It's the not the best picture but later when I have more time, I will get some better images of it. I did take a quick look at the bottom of the foot before putting it in the tank. I am not exactly sure of what I was supposed to be looking for a far as marbling goes. The foot did look splotchy and patterned. Either way I am completely satisfied and happy with my Anemone. Next come some Black Storm Clowns. I found a clown fish breeder who has them for a reasonable price.
20240126_062224.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back