Good and Reputable LFS in IL

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Rogers Park in Chicago and the only places I've been too have been:

-Old Orchard Aquarium in Skokie: Decent, but prices are a little high because they don't believe in fragging so most of the time its colonies.
-Old Town Aquarium in Chicago: Cool store, but somewhat of a small inventory
-Exotic Aquatics in Algonquin: Probably my favorite place, never bought fish there, but they have a great assortment of frags and good prices compared to others
-Living Sea Aquarium in Park Ridge: I liked it, but the YCG, I bought from there was in pretty bad shape and took awhile and meds to get back to health

Its probably best to buy online but I want to skip the shipping costs and see the actual pieces before I buy them.

Any other suggestions, location doesn't really matter, as long as its worth the drive.

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always wanted to go there, always here good things about them and how they have way more frags than on the website. But with them only opened on weekends, I have trouble making it out there.

Visited Sea Schor...really great store and being it my first time in that store and them not knowing me, they made sure that I had the correct system and knowledge to take care of the purchases I made. Great fish and coral selection and I hear they sell out quick as soon as they get a shipment in.

Hey firebretha, I have a 3ish-4ish polyp of deepwater zoas if your interested, I can give them to you for free. They look like these http://cherrycorals.com/product.php?productid=1315&cat=23&page=1.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooh, puuuurrty, I just got some new ones in too! I will post up so you can check it out.

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatica in Tinley Park had nice stuff today and GoFish in Orland Park always has nice stuff. The two are close enough to hit both on the trip out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back