Good aquarium stores in chattanooga?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hardimanm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hardimanm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
madison, alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are heading back up to the Tenn State Aquarium this weekend from Huntsville and are going to have free time. We wanted to check out a few shops. But we dont really know which are good and which are a waste of time.
So which ones does the group suggest and where are they located?
Thanks in advance
 
Bermuda Triangle is about the only shop with a good number of fish. They have corals too, but not a lot of SPS. They are located on East Brainerd Road off of I-75 (exit 3 maybe?). Fish Mania has some fish and a few corals, but generally less expensive stuff. They have mostly fresh water stuff, though they do carry the usual selection of salt water supply (frozen food, salt, glass cleaning magnets, etc). Fish Mania is cheaper than Bermuda for the most part on fish and supplies and will have gobies, damsels, common wrasses, maybe some triggers- niger and such. Feather dusters, lps. Bermuda has a better selection. Best coral shop shut down (5th day creations). Might still have a website going and some corals for sale. But not really a shop anymore. Not sure of anything else locally, but I'm sure others will pipe in....
Susan
 
Only 2 choices really Bermuda or fishmania( not a big selection) in east ridge. Fifth day has closed it was the best one.
 
Hope you don't mind my hijacking your thread but I'm a bit curious. Why would the best store shut down? Is it because in order to be the best you have higher expenses and are therefore unprofitable? Seems like if it was the best it would still be there. I've never been there nor do I know anybody involved but I'm just curious so please don't read anything into this other than my question.

Thanx
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new