Good/Bad CPR SR3 Protein Skimmer ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 427HISS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
929
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set up a Coralife 29g BioCube.

I first tried the Cad Lights nano skimmer, but the micro-bubbles were enormous, then I bought the newer TUNZE 9001 and it's nothing great, like I thought it may be, so I'm looking at other skimmers.

It has to be in the bio section, not inside the display.

Marine Depot has the CPR SR3 Protein Skimmer on sale for what looks to be a great price of $117.

I'm wanting to ask owners of this specific,.....skimmer, on the good, bad and ugly ?

So far, the reviews are pretty high on Amazon etc, but I prefer to ask users here.

I just watched a youtube video that the owner showed that it did produced a lot of micro-bubbles.
How are yours ?
 
Last edited:
Does anyone still use this protein skimmer? I am new to saltwater aquariums, and I recently picked up a used Oceanic Biocube and the seller included the skimmer with it. I can't find much info online on how to set it up and I would appreciate it if someone could let me know how to add it to my aquarium. Cheers!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new