Good cuc for 29 gallon?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tank.Bro!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tank.Bro!

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2014
Messages
446
Reaction score
2
Location
Pittsburgh P.a
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone as I posted on my tank thread I'm starting to get ciano algae (idk how to spell it) I'm wondering once it gets bad how to remove it. Well I've gotten at enough to know I need a cuc what is a good starter cuc. I'll throw a few pic of the algae I have seen go check out my tank thread for more info... Please I need help.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417196593.750064.jpg
 
I added 5 margarita snails 6 cerith snails, and 15 mixed dwarf, red tip, and blue tip hermit crabs. With 1 emerald crab. They keep it pretty clean. Honestly seems like the dwarf hermit crabs do better than the bigger one with less snail killing imo.
 
Are you sure it's not diatoms? Awful quick for a cyano outbreak unless the rock you put in already had some established. I would do a mix of snails and hermits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new