Good Fish for a 20gal Frag Tank?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been on the hunt for maybe 2 or so fish to add to my 20G Frag Tank that's been doing really well for the past 4 months now and I'm at a cross roads of what to add. I've already got a Hector's Goby (surprisingly have had him for 6 ish months now, I've heard people have mixed luck with them so im surprised especially with how often he's been moved) and a Tiger Conch. I do have a bowl of sand (might be a key reason on why the Hector's has been doing so well) so I am open to "sand Divers" and things like that.

A couple that are on my mind are things like Six Line Wrasse and Springers Damsel for Flatworm control, but im hesitant on both since they can become aggressive. I'm also looking at a Starry Blenny, but it might out compete the hectors on algae so that's another toss up. All ideas are welcome!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been on the hunt for maybe 2 or so fish to add to my 20G Frag Tank that's been doing really well for the past 4 months now and I'm at a cross roads of what to add. I've already got a Hector's Goby (surprisingly have had him for 6 ish months now, I've heard people have mixed luck with them so im surprised especially with how often he's been moved) and a Tiger Conch. I do have a bowl of sand (might be a key reason on why the Hector's has been doing so well) so I am open to "sand Divers" and things like that.

A couple that are on my mind are things like Six Line Wrasse and Springers Damsel for Flatworm control, but im hesitant on both since they can become aggressive. I'm also looking at a Starry Blenny, but it might out compete the hectors on algae so that's another toss up. All ideas are welcome!
six line wrasse need LONG tangs for swimming - they like to sprint and some days didn't feel like my 6 foot was long enough... if your tank is circular so wrasse could swim uninterrupted that would work.

+1 vote for red/fire dartfish

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pink streaked wrasse is a great alternative to a sixline, just as good at pest control but a great community fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back