Good idea or not worth the bother?

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am picking up a dozen colonista snails later today from a local reefer. I want them to breed quickly, and avoid potential predation from my sixline wrasse. So, I had the idea to use one of the media trays in the first chamber of my AIO to make a little rubble pile, and release them into that. Above them will be filter floss and then out into the display. Would that be helpful for their odds of reproducing well, or am I overthinking it? Otherwise I could just put them near each other in the rock structure after nights out and let nature run its course.
 
Seems reasonable to give it a try; a low-risk experiment, right? 🙃
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new