Good Morning!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If we all woke up, and don't have the virus . . . . .

1586442166823.png

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACR? Automatic calcium reactor?

Yes indeed. In theory it is very cool. The build quality LOOKS great. Will see how the pressure test goes. Already a problem with the regulator, but maybe able to fix that myself. The pressure release valve seems stuck open.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

On the bright side I received my Aquarium Engineering ACR the other day. Been staring at the beast since then, hoping it assembles itself somehow. Maybe give it a week on its own before I intervene. Have to wait on more media anyway.

Very interesting, id be interested to see how this works, I used to run a calcium reactor a few years ago, but it was kind of a pain so i took it off, this looks promising.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes indeed. In theory it is very cool. The build quality LOOKS great. Will see how the pressure test goes. Already a problem with the regulator, but maybe able to fix that myself. The pressure release valve seems stuck open.

What media will you be running in it since TLF doesn't seem to be selling "the good stuff" anymore.

I've heard nothing but very positive results from people with AE ACRs once they're set up. Also, if you bought the AE ACR new, Bill is usually very willing to talk on the phone to solve issues/send a new unit. The trick is catching him.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What media will you be running in it since TLF doesn't seem to be selling "the good stuff" anymore.

I've heard nothing but very positive results from people with AE ACRs once they're set up. Also, if you bought the AE ACR new, Bill is usually very willing to talk on the phone to solve issues/send a new unit. The trick is catching him.

Bill has been very responsive so far. Right now I am struggling with silly noob issues like getting the regulators to stop leaking, tapping my 3/4" return line to feed the reactor at 1/4", and making the limited space work.

Yes, scrambling on the media side too. I have 2-3 gallons of coral rubble from my ongoing re-aquascaping project -- although Wow it smells bad. I bought the last jug of ARM coarse from my LFS on Sunday. Waiting also on ReMag.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We're the warm ones here in the state. Will be if any - rain but warm means we will hit 46 for a high today

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm sorry :p that is the whole reason i rounded up whole fam,bought house further south,made the decision mid july,looking at 200 ft of up hill stairs to street ,nope not gonna shovel ever again was 60 mi nw of chicago ,SORRY BUT I'M SMILING;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill has been very responsive so far. Right now I am struggling with silly noob issues like getting the regulators to stop leaking, tapping my 3/4" return line to feed the reactor at 1/4", and making the limited space work.

Yes, scrambling on the media side too. I have 2-3 gallons of coral rubble from my ongoing re-aquascaping project -- although Wow it smells bad. I bought the last jug of ARM coarse from my LFS on Sunday. Waiting also on ReMag.

What kind of regulator are you using?

The ARM coarse has been causing some people issues that have usually run ReBorn in their CaRx. It seems no one knows if TLF will be making ReBorn anymore.

We're the warm ones here in the state. Will be if any - rain but warm means we will hit 46 for a high today

44 here right now and it's as warm as it will get today. Rain expected later.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting, id be interested to see how this works, I used to run a calcium reactor a few years ago, but it was kind of a pain so i took it off, this looks promising.

Waiting on some parts (3/4" to 1/4" step down) feed from my return line. Still deciphering the differences between this newer model, and the instructions for version 1. Kinda glad I cannot rush it even if I wanted to. But dosing 1/2 a liter a day of two part gets annoying over time.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm sorry :p that is the whole reason i rounded up whole fam,bought house further south,made the decision mid july,looking at 200 ft of up hill stairs to street ,nope not gonna shovel ever again was 60 mi nw of chicago ,SORRY BUT I'M SMILING;)
1586463631983.png

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well woke up to about 3" on the ground this morning.

Got a nice picnic ham to go on the smoker today for a nice 9 hour smoke. It's not supposed to get over 35 degrees today. I guess I could have picked a little better day to smoke?

Can't wait for dinner tonight!

So today is a GOOD MORNING!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back