Good or bad limpet?

Msmith2813

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
416
Reaction score
63
Location
Bakersfield CA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't see the hole on top, so I don't believe it to be a keyhole limpet. Just wondering if they're good or bad? They are pretty much confined to the sump for now, I haven't really noticed any in the dt. I used to have tons of (what I believe to be) tunicates in my sump. They pretty much disappeared and shortly after a ton of these guys started appearing. Coincidence? Thanks for the help!

 
That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to make sure. Do you think they could be responsible for the tunicate disappearance? I haven't been able to find too much online about it
 
Found a similar if not exact looking limpet in my tank. I think it may have eaten some of my blasto Merletti heads. Did you ever see corals dying and suspect these limpets were the issue?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new