Good pod or bad pod?

Coral Garden Doc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! Two questions. After reviewing many posts on the subject, I am still not confident whether this is a “good” pod or “bad” one. I am relatively new to this. Any help appreciated. Also are all those white circles spirorbid worms? I recently scraped some off of the bottom of a coral plug after dipping it, and seems like doing that made them multiply by 1000x in the tank (but only in or around the overflow). They are hard, and when I cut the hard white shell open, there is a reddish brown worm like creature inside.

ETA: I hope you can view the video, I can’t seem to get it to play from my phone, so I added the picture. The video is better though, so you can see the very unique way these things move. Almost like they are crawling on their “knees” is how it appears, at least to me.
489952BB-9954-430A-AB6C-8DDA51ACD496.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3570.MOV
    9.7 MB
Last edited:

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! Two questions. After reviewing many posts on the subject, I am still not confident whether this is a “good” pod or “bad” one. I am relatively new to this. Any help appreciated. Also are all those white circles spirorbid worms? I recently scraped some off of the bottom of a coral plug after dipping it, and seems like doing that made them multiply by 1000x in the tank (but only in or around the overflow). They are hard, and when I cut the hard white shell open, there is a reddish brown worm like creature inside.

ETA: I hope you can view the video, I can’t seem to get it to play from my phone, so I added the picture. The video is better though, so you can see the very unique way these things move. Almost like they are crawling on their “knees” is how it appears, at least to me.
489952BB-9954-430A-AB6C-8DDA51ACD496.jpeg
yes, the small white swirly guys are spirorbid worms. As for the pods, those are amphipods. Beneficial pods, just leave them be.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back