Good starter sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cgschulz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cgschulz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
55
Reaction score
11
Location
Dewitt Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I'm almost done upgrading my tank so I can start doing sps just need a better skimmer and a doser. I'm just need some ideas on some good looking starter sps I got a red motipora to start but that's it. It's going to be a sps dominant mix reef. I would prefer sticks but open to any suggestions. Thanks
 
OK I'm almost done upgrading my tank so I can start doing sps just need a better skimmer and a doser. I'm just need some ideas on some good looking starter sps I got a red motipora to start but that's it. It's going to be a sps dominant mix reef. I would prefer sticks but open to any suggestions. Thanks
 
Pocilliopora is a hardy fast growing sps, but it can become invasive. Seriatopora is another good choice, and Stylophora. For Acroporas, Valida, Yongie/Green Slimmer.
 
Im still new, but so far ive had good lock with acropora, monti cap and digitata. I have millepora and pacillapora as well and they seem to be doing great. I have only had them about a month though. The others I have had for several months. Birdsnest is suposed to be good for sps beginners and a fast grower, but every one that I get dies :-(

Hope that helps a little!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new