Good T5 lighting fixture

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm run. Two dual 248 HO fixtures four bulbs and know this is isn't best fixture out on the market. They were given to me. I also have ati bulbs in it. My question is what's a good t5 HO quad fixture?

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bang for the buck is ATI all day. Proven higher par output than competitors. Looks wise is Giesmann. Sleek, sexy fixture that looks amazing over any aquarium with less output. This can be compensated by having the fixture closer to the water line .

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know those are the best but has anyone ever used or heard about the odyssea fixtures. Generic I know but how are they?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be wary of the Odyssea fixtures. They use very cheap ballasts that may burn out quickly. There were reports of their MH fixtures causing fires way back in the day. In addition, they probably use a single sheet reflector which will drastically reduce output along with no active cooling for the bulbs which will also reduce bulb life.

When looking for a quality T5 fixture, you want programmed start ballasts (not rapid start), active bulb cooling and individual reflectors for each bulb. All of these features are found in an ATI Sunpower fixture.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be wary of the Odyssea fixtures. They use very cheap ballasts that may burn out quickly. There were reports of their MH fixtures causing fires way back in the day. In addition, they probably use a single sheet reflector which will drastically reduce output along with no active cooling for the bulbs which will also reduce bulb life.

When looking for a quality T5 fixture, you want programmed start ballasts (not rapid start), active bulb cooling and individual reflectors for each bulb. All of these features are found in an ATI Sunpower fixture.

I need mounting legs which is why I don't wanna get and ati fixture. I live at home and my parents won't allow me to drill into the ceiling

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're handy, you could build a conduit light hanger that you could attach to the back of your stand. Home Depot sells 3/4" 10' sections of steel conduit. Use the pipe bender to put of 90 degree bends in two pieces, trim to size, paint it black, attach it to your stand and you're good to go!

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI all day
I have 4 sunpowers over 96'' x 48'' sps reef best light out here for the money

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI has a dent and ding sale like ever month on here I bought one about 3weeks works great. it was 400 bucks for a 6bulb 4foot fixture

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back