Lighting suggestions

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a 8 bulb T5 with reefbright HO blue strip lights on either side. I am looking at swapping the T5 fixture. Tank is 210g 72X24X29. Have looked at the radion 30s but hard to justify $5k in lighting for my tank. Also looking at the neptune sky which seems more affordable figure i would need 3 of those. Looking for any suggestions you may have or incites on what you are using.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So m 180g with 3 T5 plus 3 Viparspectra 165 and two Aqueon Halos 90……ever consider Hybrid?

The 3 Visparspectra would be sufficient at $150 each.

Each below now north of 5 years running.
IMG_2019.jpeg

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running a giesemann aurora v12 for about 10 months and I’m very happy. It’s going to be the only led fixture on the market that will provide similar coverage to your current setup. I switched from something similar, an aurora v8, with 8 x 80w T5’s and four led pucks.

I don’t think they are available in the us yet but giesemann recently announced that they are partnering up with BRS.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on here use the neptune skys? Do you have any take aways to share?
I have one Neptune Sky over a much smaller tank than yours. I’m lighting a 30x20x16 area and one Sky does it very well. I’m in the process of upgrading to a 48” long tank and will be using two Sky’s on that. IMO the Sky has a flat look that is similar to t5 so if you like t5’s you’ll probably like the Sky. Before the Sky’s I was using two Reefi Uno v1 and they definitely make the coral pop more. If you want more pop definitely check out the new Reefi Uno v2. They are powerful and affordable. I loved my Reefi’s, I made the switch to the Sky’s for reasons other than performance. I was happy with the way the Reefi’s made my tank look and I’m currently happy with the Sky. Hope this helps.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel obliged to say that whatever you switch to you will not be as happy as with an 8 bulb t5 with 2 strip leds.

Sky has very narrow blue band.

You will need 2x the amount of LEDs as you think for the same coverage as current set up

OP
OP
Topekoms

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel obliged to say that whatever you switch to you will not be as happy as with an 8 bulb t5 with 2 strip leds.

Sky has very narrow blue band.

You will need 2x the amount of LEDs as you think for the same coverage as current set up
I agree but the t5s just aren't working in my house they run too hot

pac-mancraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So m 180g with 3 T5 plus 3 Viparspectra 165 and two Aqueon Halos 90……ever consider Hybrid?

The 3 Visparspectra would be sufficient at $150 each.

Each below now north of 5 years running.
IMG_2019.jpeg
What percents do you run yours at and do you keep blue on all the time? I have 3 on my 210, I’m just trying to fine tune to perfection.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back