Goog or bad Nudi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ripnlips82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Lol oops!
e8ymyqe8.jpg
 
You most likely can not feed it, so it's probably going to starve
 
Its been sitting in a jar with a sock over it for three weeks and size hasn't changed? I don't want to release it for fear it will start eating zoa's or anything else. What can I try and feed it?
Found it on a rock covered in zoa's and thought it may have been the reason for some missing.
 
Its been sitting in a jar with a sock over it for three weeks and size hasn't changed? I don't want to release it for fear it will start eating zoa's or anything else. What can I try and feed it?
Found it on a rock covered in zoa's and thought it may have been the reason for some missing.

Nudis are specialized eaters, each species had a highly specific diet and will only eat one thing. Since you have no idea what species this is, you will be hard pressed to figure out what it eats...and it is most likely going to starve. To help a little, nudis generally ate camouflaged to what they eat. So look for something that it resembles.
 
No way of identifying it? I got plenty of Xenia in my fuge to gladly throw at it lol

I was unable to ID it so far...
I'd just put it back in, if it were me. Anything turns up missing, you know who to blame.
 
That is so gnarly. I have no advice though, like everyone said, they are hard to keep if you don't know exactly what they need. Most of the types we've had were short lived even though they ate voraciously.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new