Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon Nuvo - zoa dominated
Nuvo stand
Ghost skimmer medsize
Vortec mp10 QD
40 pounds hawian black sand
25 pounds reef rock
Kessil 360w tuna blue which is controlled by the kessil spectral controller. Max 65% intensity zero color channel used.
All apex controlled.

Going to upload a video soon as I figure it out. I put up a few pics first.

KIMG2013.JPG

KIMG2046.JPG

KIMG2014.JPG

KIMG2018.JPG

KIMG2020.JPG

KIMG2026.JPG

KIMG2027.JPG

KIMG2029.JPG

KIMG2032.JPG

KIMG2034.JPG

KIMG2033.JPG

KIMG2036.JPG

KIMG1990.JPG

KIMG1992.JPG

KIMG1991.JPG

KIMG1988.JPG

KIMG1989.JPG

KIMG1976.JPG

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started this tank little over a year ago with the intent of doing a all zoa dominated tank, I love zoas besides sps which I can keep I wanted to keep it simple and not have to dose at all!! Well after trial and error I went back to my original set up. The first the setup I have listed above is what I started with, and they say if it's not broke don't fix it well that is true in many ways. After awhile I was getting a itch to give my zoas more food or nutrients or trace elements so I started dosing fuel. After a few weeks I noticed better colors in some zoas but not enough to keep dosing this product maybe in a larger tank it would make a difference but with weekly water changes I didn't think i needed it. Second thing I did I said hey I should add a T5 fixture that will really start thing growing faster well it did and didn't there was a trade off, some zoas blew up some receded, color was out of this world but after about 3 months I decided to go back to just kessil. After I went back my zoas blew up again some that receded opened up and things are doing better than ever. Not to say t5 and LED is bad but I think in this tank it don't work well. My next tank for sure, I would prob consider doing a T5/reefbrite fixture. So my maintenance schedule well 5 gallon a week thats it, my kessil dose not go over 65 % intensity zero color or AKA white channel, 10 hour photo period, 3 hours max lighting. Enjoy guys hope to post a video soon. Oh small add on I use a smart ATO as well forgot to mention that.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice zoa collection. So you dont dose anything now for your zoas? No feeding of any kind?
Im doing a zoa heavy tank. So far its doing great. Always good to hear other people's experience

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice zoa collection. So you dont dose anything now for your zoas? No feeding of any kind?
Im doing a zoa heavy tank. So far its doing great. Always good to hear other people's experience
You know what I forgot to mention I broadcast feed reef roids once a week if I remember lol

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i broadcast aquaforest coral food once a week. Also coral A and Coral V from Aquaforest. Do a drop of lugols iodine once every 2 weeks. Radions xr15 gen4s and im sprouting heads like crazy.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoo's look great. You don't have to broadcast feed your zoo's to get good growth and coloration. I keep a few zoo's in my mixed reef...predominant sps and I never feed anything directly.

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoo's look great. You don't have to broadcast feed your zoo's to get good growth and coloration. I keep a few zoo's in my mixed reef...predominant sps and I never feed anything directly.
Yeah I know I been doing it since the tank has been set up and seems like they really like the roids as well as the fish

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back