Got a possible graphurus yesterday!

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new mantis yesterday, I’m pretty sure it’s a Gonodactylaceus graphurus after finding this page: https://museum.wa.gov.au/online-collections/names/gonodactyllaceus-graphurus

He looks exactly like that picture, I didn’t take any pics myself but my friend sent me the one below before I saw it in person. I love him! I’ve never seen one in person before so it’s another species checked off the list that I’ve now kept :) such pretty blues on him
5C8FCC90-AD18-4A11-B7DD-5358FA9477A0.jpeg

OP
OP
Hadla

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I’m more active in the mantis groups on Facebook. I don’t really build tanks lol. I just put sand and rocks from one of my other tanks and I’m good

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks very close to and this time of the year especially in the carribean which is getting their winter, they are found within live rock as hitchhikers . They for sure require a shelled diet in which they will dismember them and eat away.

OP
OP
Hadla

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s baby snails and tiny hermits always in the tank if he’s interested in hunting, I just feed every tank every three days or so and I usually offer the tongs to the mantises lol

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s baby snails and tiny hermits always in the tank if he’s interested in hunting, I just feed every tank every three days or so and I usually offer the tongs to the mantises lol
How many mantis tanks do you have?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%

Back