Got Aiptasia??

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is San Francisco Bay Brand food that says "For Angelfish and Butterflyfish" on it. It is frozen cubes. I don't think there is anything special about it though, he even ate some flake food after that. :D I guess I just got lucky with one. Hopefully he will eat some aiptasia too.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i decided to get me one at aquatic critter today and right after i put him into the tank i put some "angel and butterflyfish" food in and he started eating immediately! I had tried a few copperbands years ago and they would either hide in the corner until they died or just not eat. This one acts like he has been in the tank for a long time. He is active and acts right at home. I think i saw him eat one small aiptasia but it could have been something else. I stood there debating on whether to get him for a while but i'm glad i did.

jealous!

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not getting too exited yet. It could turn up dead in the morning. I have had horrible luck with copperbands. Maybe I finally got a good one.

Oh, BTW, I have a scooter blenny that eats flake food as well. She is the fattest one I have ever seen. :D

OP
OP
palvyre

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope mine does well. He seems healthy and is maintaining weight and activity level. Just have to keep providing live clam.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try not feeding him the clam for a few days to see if he eats frozen when he gets hungry enough. Fish can go without food for a while without problems so a couple of days wouldn't hurt him.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back