Got some odd-ball "pairings" or "buddies"? Share your pics here!

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This SUPER tiny cherub dwarf angel and juvenile fairy wrasse (wouldn't mind a more specific I.D. if you have one) have been stuck together since day one. I assumed it was a dominance thing at first, but i have seen no flashing, nipping or aggression what so ever. They are new and young and the only fish in the tank so far, but it will be interesting to see if they stay "buddied" up as they mature and more livestock is added.

Anyway, it got me to thinking.....There's got to be some pretty cool odd-ball buddies in some of the tanks around here. So if you've got some, please share! No need to limit this to just fish, I'd imagine there's oddities of all types!

Fairy+Cherub.jpg
Fairy+Cherub2.jpg

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two gobies have been hanging out since I added the smaller yellow one this past weekend. Not sure if it's going to work on in the long run... I can see the watchman is slightly irritated by the little yellow guy. They've been sharing a burrow since I added him.

6dnPzmh.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first introduced the fish to my 220, the kole tang would follow the flame angel everywhere - for the first three days or so, they were inseparable. They still cruise together from time to time, but each is generally about their own business these days. For the kole, that means banging away at film algae and keeping the blennies in line - for the flame, that means chasing the coral beauty without mercy ... until the lights dim to the last blues. Then he dances to her . . .

~Bruce

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This SUPER tiny cherub dwarf angel and juvenile fairy wrasse (wouldn't mind a more specific I.D. if you have one) have been stuck together since day one. I assumed it was a dominance thing at first, but i have seen no flashing, nipping or aggression what so ever. They are new and young and the only fish in the tank so far, but it will be interesting to see if they stay "buddied" up as they mature and more livestock is added.

Anyway, it got me to thinking.....There's got to be some pretty cool odd-ball buddies in some of the tanks around here. So if you've got some, please share! No need to limit this to just fish, I'd imagine there's oddities of all types!

Fairy+Cherub.jpg
Fairy+Cherub2.jpg
The fairy wrasse is a C. cf. pylei, from Cebu, initial phase male.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are still in observation, passed qt but needs to grow out a bit more before going to the dt. The radiata seems to join the ribbon at his cave when they are begging for food.

010.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back