Got wave? 5" of wave in my new tank

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is CRAZY! Is that 2 waveboxes? Do you intend to have that much movement when the tank is set up?

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will dial it down a little may be 3" of wave.

I am using 4 wave boxes :D. Most people can get away with 2 and achieve 1.5" of wave but i want to push for a little more... If i max out the wave, i will have water splashing out the tank. I had the tank filled 4" below the brace and the water already it.....

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have 4 tunze 6301 which produce approx 8000gph. My turnover flow should be 34000gph without the wave boxes..

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very nervous myself. I can't wait to get my tank up and running either. I will dial down the wave a bit because i know it will splash out of my tank...

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I have wanted to add a wave box or two but I have always been concerned about the seams of the tank being able to handle the impact of the waves. I am sure acrylis will work much better for the impact of the wave.
AWESOME! Please keep adding pictures!

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wave will not be that much whenever i have the tank up and running. I will dial it down a bit. This is my first design and thanks god it work... :D

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine seeing LPS with long flowing tentacles swaying in rhythm with the Waves .... curious to know just how much does this Wave Box unit cost??

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to the "wave action" when the rocks are in place .... :D

Paul

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back